which can also be titled, the day when Jackie gets really really lost in Roma and ends up a soaking wet Americana. But the whole, getting lost thing isn't all that new. It's how I learned DC, and how, once i get out and about, am planning on learning Roma. However, the weather seems to really hate me. During the week, when I was stuck in classes, Mother Nature decided that the sun would be out, and the weather would be fantastic. Flash forward to today, and it's raining. all day. And, all of tomorrow, according to the weather forecast. (but it's not snowing, sorry DC peoples with your snogasm or snowpocolypse, whatever you're calling it now.)
Anyway, after a very lazy morning and most of the afternoon, Kelly and I headed out to explore and get lost for a while. We went to see Il Colosseo, and to get there, walked through the Roman Forum. I'm going back once the weather clears up to get really good pictures and understand what everything is. While we were there, we saw the Arc of Constantine and the Column of Trajan. All by night, in the rain. Whatever, it's Roma.
Kelly was craving American comfort food, and really wanted to go to the hard Rock Cafe, so we wandered off to find it. And we did, and only got lost once. (every few steps, that is.) We got there, had dinner, rocked out to American music, and drank without getting carded. When we left, it was pouring, so we jumped onto a random bus. It was either the best or worst mistake we've made, I haven't decided yet. Somehow, we ended up at the Trevi Fountain (a really great landmark for those who don't know the layout of downtown Rome), and walked to the Pantheon to catch the tram home.
Tomorrow, my friend Katie (she's a midwest girl) and I are headed to the Castel Sant'Angelo, then off to a ResGrad bone walk, where we're heading to a chapel completely made out of bones. Thehe, Becky, it's right up your alley.
The ResGrads, for all who are wondering, are three seniors at AUR who are resident students, meaning that they are getting full degrees from AUR, and have been living here for at least three years. They sponsor walks and other events throughout the semester to help study abroad students feel more at home in Rome, and they are really nice people. They host cooking lessons once a week at their apartment, and are around in general to help out whenever. I have one of them in two of my classes, Writing Rome and Advertising.
Anywho, I hope the weather clears up really soon, because this whole wandering around in the cold, wet and rain is getting annoying. But I'm doing it anyway!
February 05, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment