I'm procrastinating on doing my Italian HW right now, and I have class in a half hour or so. So I'll update you on the past few days for a bit, then start my hw before watching more of Troy.
Saturday, I spent the day on a bone walk, then headed off to Carnevale with the roommates. The bone walk was interesting and gruesome at the same time. The group of us, led by a ResGrad, headed to the Church of Saint Maria and the Crypt of the Cappucian Monks. Over a few year period, 4,000 monks were buried in an underground crypt, which was decorated by their bones. It was really creepy. (Shameless plug- check out the pictures on picasa.) After the bone walk, which ended at the American Embassy, I (and two other girls), headed to Carnevale, and we met up with the roommates on the way there. Carnevale is the two weeks before Lent, and it's a huge celebration and a lot of fun. Venice and the French Riveria are the two major capitals of the festa, but it's celebrated in Roma as well.
We were in Piazza del Popolo, and if that name sounds familiar, it probably means you've read Angels and Demons by Dan Brown. I did not go inside the chuch, although I wanted to. I'll be back to see the Chichi chapel and actually trace the route of Tom Hanks, and see if what the movie showed was totally accurate. I know it wasn't, but it's cool to try anyway.
On Sunday, we went back to Piazza del Popolo for more Carnevale, but there wasn't all that much going on. We walked to the Piazza, and on the way found the Castel Sant'Angel. We watched an MJ performer who had his thunder stolen by a little kid, then we headed back to the apartment for some serious homework. What's up with the whole, I have to do work in my classes? But seriously, the workload here isn't all that bad right now, it's just a lot of reading and the introductions to the classes.
For all those in DC- have fun froliking in the snow, cause I'm here is (not so right now, but should be soon) sunny Roma actually having classes and doing stuff that does not involve snowball fights.
Awww screw it. I want to be in DC for this. And only this, then I'd fly back to Roma.
February 09, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Me too! I so want to be in DC for all of the snow right now!
ReplyDelete