March 16, 2010

Volcanos and ancient cities

This past weekend was a relativly lazy weekend, compared to the past few weeks, which was both a good thing and a bad thing.

On Friday, I started reviewing for midterm exams, which are this week. I was planning on going somewhere, but there was supposedly a transportation strike, and it was suppose to rain. So, I spent the day lounging around in my sweats working on Italian.

I went to Pompeii on Saturday with the AUR trip. It was a really awesome trip, heading back to a site I first saw 4 years ago. Its still awe-inspiring to see what a society that lived around 2,000 years ago could create, and to literally walk around their town. Once I'm back on my computer, I'll upload pictures of it, and caption them with random facts- that could take a few days, however, since it is midterms week.

I went to the open air market on Sunday to see what I could find, and I came home with a lot of stuff that I basically needed. Its been raining a lot, and I've only been wearing sneakers, so I needed a pair of boots. I found a cute pair for really cheap that fit, so I'll be okay beating them up and leaving them here. (I'm going to the UK next week for a while, so I know it's going to rain quite a bit). I also got a medium sized duffel bag for that trip, since I'm gone for 11 days, possibly without being able to do laundry. I also picked up a cute, medium weight cordory jacket- like one I've wanted for a few years- and a few other small things.

When I got back on Sunday, I started really studying and looking stuff over. The rest of the day was spent studying and such, and I really needed the few days off.  The problem with that is that I'm now getting sick, right in the middle of midterms week. I have two left, along with a paper to write, meetings to get through and a phone interview tonight. I get about 20 hours off, then I fly to Paris! WOOOOOH!

There was a lot of other stuff I wanted to add into this post, but my mind just crapped out on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment